Amanda Energy promote World Mental Health Day in Fremantle
Amanda Energy was pleased to partner with FremantleMind Inc and the City of Fremantle for World Mental Health Day, hosting an event promoting mindfulness and mental wellbeing – a mission that the Amanda Energy team strongly supports.
In its inaugural year, the event saw over 100 people register and included free activities such as Yoga, group fitness and DRUMBEAT® and was officially opened by Fremantle Mayor Brad Pettitt.
Did you know?
- Over one quarter of Australians will experience an anxiety condition in their lifetime
- According to beyondblue one in six Australians will experience depression in their lifetime. That’s 3.2 million people!
- $10.9 billion lost every year in absenteeism, reduced productivity and compensation claims
- 3-4 sick days are taken each month for untreated depression
- Half of managers think no-one in their workplace is affected by mental illness
These are confronting statistics, so it’s unsurprising that mental health is considered by young Australian’s as the top issue in Australia according to Mission Australia’s 2018 Youth Survey.
Amanda Energy supports a future where mental health and wellbeing is a priority in all aspects of life. We want to play an active role in the community and business to speak up, seek help where needed and improve wellbeing through activity.
“We are proud of our positive workspace at Amanda Energy – our team enjoy regular activities that promote a healthy mental space and we have a team BBQ every week. Remy, the office dog always brings a smile, and we are walking distance from the beach!” says Amanda Energy Director, Martin Jurat.